Monday, March 28, 2016

Starting From the Ground Up

I have started over... I accessed where I was and where I want to go and decided to just start completely over.

I opened up my 1st C25K running app and looked at the Zero to 10K program and here I am. It is a 10 week plan and I'm going by the distance instead of time. I chose distance because my goal is getting my mileage back up. Yes, I could run for 30 minutes but if I'm only making it 1.5 miles that's not helping me. With the distance method you run until that set is complete however far that may be.

Week 1 Day 1 was run 175 yards (.10 miles) walk 260 yards (.15 miles) repeat 8 times for a total of 1.84 miles.



The only downside to this method is I don't know how to convert yards to miles so I'm clueless as to how far I'm running until after the 1st set. LOL! It wasn't bad today. Actually it felt a little too easy but I'm trying to build back up so easy is good for now.

I really want to get back to running 5-7 miles like I did back when  I trained for my half. After the first 3 miles everything felt great! I want to get back to that feeling and fitness level. So I'm starting all over.

In addition to running I plan on incorporating strength workouts as well. Although I've picked up in size I like how my lower body is looking. So I want to keep that and the only way to do so is strength training. I can get fairly slim if I just run a lot and I don't want to go there again. I need balance.

So there you have it.  I know I am all over the place with my fitness plans these past few weeks but I feel like I'm on a solid path now.

What are some of your fitness goals? Check in below!

BE BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment